Our warranties apply only to the original purchaser and only for products purchased directly from Gerbing’s or a Gerbing’s authorized dealer. If you did not make your purchase directly from Gerbing’s Heated Clothing or it’s dealers, please return to the place you bought it. Also make sure to register the heated clothing after purchase on the website.
LIFETIME warranty on the heating elements!
Some people who are new to our heated clothing naturally worry about how well the heating elements will wear over time. No matter how often you crumple your heated clothing to fit in a stuff sack, no matter how many years you own your heated clothing, we are confident that our heating system will continue to function flawlessly. How confident? The answer is a lifetime. To quote from our warranty card.
When you purchase a Gerbing’s heated garment within Europe, the electrical components of the garment are warranted to be free from factory defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the garment.
Over decades of experience in manufacturing electrically heated clothing gives us an understanding of what you need and how best to provide for your needs. For Gerbing, lifetime really does mean lifetime.
General One-Year Warranty
The non-electrical components of our clothing are warranted for one year after purchase. To quote from our warranty card:
- “All other [non-electrical] components of the garment are warranted to be free from factory defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of the initial purchase.”
- You find anything wrong with the sewing or materials of any clothing you buy from us within the first year that was due to our negligence or mistake, or if any problem develops during the first year due to our negligence or mistake, we will fix it for free. All you do is pay for the shipping and handling.
3-year Warranty on Temp Controllers and Accessories
Gerbing’s Temp Controllers and electrical components OR Accessories are warranted from factory defect for three years from the date of the initial purchase. Any alteration of the product voids the warranty.
90 Day Warranty on Rechargeable Batteries & Chargers
Gerbing’s rechargeable Lithium/NIMH battery packs and chargers are warranted from factory defect for 90 days from the initial purchase. Any alteration of the product voids the warranty. Special care should be taken to prolong the life of your battery.
It is important that you charge your battery regularly and that you maintain at least 25% of your battery power when not in use or left idle. Batteries must only be used with products with an amp rating less than the maximum capacity output rating for the battery.
Gerbing’s will repair or replace any battery or charger found under normal use to be defective during the warranty period. Our warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, accident, abuse or improper care.
Directions for returning items under warranty in the UK
1. Before sending in product, make sure that it falls under warranty.
2. Any clothing product sent back for repairs must be WASHED or it may be returned at customer’s expense.
3. When completing Return/Exchange form, be sure to provide a phone number.
4. Allow 2-4 weeks for repairs to be returned.
5. Include a copy of original receipt with package.
Please ship it to:
2 Callis Cottages
From outside UK ship to:
Gerbing’s Heated Clothing B.V.
7315 EG Apeldoorn
Gerbing has dealers throughout Europe
Our products are available at various dealers throughout Europe. We have dealers in the following countries: the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, England, France, Spain, Greece, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway and Finland.