Xtreme Defender Tex
The Xtreme Defender Tex is the universal heated motorbike glove for tourers and riders. Part of our top line, it is one of our hottest motorbike gloves yet and warms hand and fingers.
In a recent review, Mike Armitage of BIKE Magazine wrote about our Xtreme warming motorbike gloves: “Ride all Winter? Then you need these! – No other glove is as warm.”
The Xtreme Defender Tex has a medium-length cuff. It is made of exceptionally supple full-aniline leather combined with textile. The palm moulds to your hand and provides optimal grip on the bike. A drawstring is threaded into the cuff, allowing you to tightly cinch the gloves around your motorbike jacket.
The power system is hybrid: for either battery or vehicle battery use. You have a glove lifetime warranty on the heating elements!
|Power||2Ah / 27 Watt peak|
|Surface temperature||57°C +/- 2°C bij 0°C (average)|
|Size available||XXS – XXXL|
- All Gerbing heated gloves deliver infrared heat over the entire top of the hand and between your fingers, all the way to the fingertips.
- Our patented heating system is the hottest heating system ever manufactured in any heated glove.
- The warmest setting is now so hot that it is delivered blocked at purchase. You can easily unlock this setting yourself if you need to.
- You regulate the heat setting per glove with the integrated push button, in three settings, each with its own colour.
- The heating elements are guaranteed for life!
- The inner glove of the Xtreme Defender Tex is made of wonderfully soft polyfibre, so the heated gloves feel wonderfully soft to the touch and gently surround your hand.
- The Xtreme Defender Tex heated gloves are water- and windproof thanks to a breathable membrane made of Hipora®. This ensures the heated gloves keep your hands dry during the most extreme wet weather conditions such as rain, spray and fog.
- Gerbing offers hybrid technology for powering the motorbike gloves. You get the most stable and longest heat output from the heated gloves when connected to your motorbike’s 12V battery with our cable set. This can also be done via our heating jacket which has built-in plugs for power to the gloves.
- Use our 12V battery set if you want maximum mobility with maximum warmth.
- The Xtreme gloves also work on our 7V battery set but then at most the medium heat setting is achievable.
- The medium cuff of the Xtreme Defender Tex heated glove has a compartment into which the small portable battery can be inserted. That battery compartment is made at the bottom of the glove, minimising the presence of the battery. The battery compartment can
be closed by means of a waterproof zip.
- There is special material on the fingertip of the index finger of the Xtreme Defender Tex heated gloves, allowing you to continue operating your touchscreen device.
- On the index finger of the left glove of the Xtreme Defender Tex heated glove is a small but highly effective rubber visor wiper, allowing you to wipe unnecessary water off your visor during a rain ride.
- A drawstring is threaded at the end of the cuff, allowing you to tightly cinch your Xtreme Defender Tex heated gloves around your motorbike jacket, minimising the amount of wind entering through the sleeves.
RUNNING TIME OF BATTERY
What is my size?
The size of your Gerbing gloves
Start by measuring the hand you use the most. Then measure the circumference on the widest part of the hand (excluding the thumb) and note the size in centimetres.
TIP: With heated gloves, it is important to make sure they are not too tight around the knuckle area when in use. This is to avoid ‘hot spots’. We therefore recommend that you choose the next larger size up if you fall between sizes.
- The hottest setting is now so hot that it is supplied locked at purchase, for your safety. You can easily unlock this setting yourself if you need to.
- Always read the instructions in the manual provided before using the gloves.
- For extra safety while riding, the Xtreme Defender Tex heated gloves feature modern knuckle protection made of extremely hard carbon. As such, the Xtreme Defender Tex heated gloves comply with the European Directive for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): 89/686/CEE. EN 13594 :2015. For added safety, there is also protection at the phalanges.
- If your bike also has heated grips, turn them off when you put on our gloves. You won’t need the heated grips anyway. Also, the breathable layer in the glove will then be able to wick moisture out better.
- Gerbing motorbike gloves should only be hand washed and then hung to dry.
- With heated gloves, it is important to ensure that they are not too tight around the knuckle area when in use. This is to avoid ‘hot spots’. We therefore advise you to take the next size up if you are between sizes.