1AH, 2AH + 3AH BATTERY KIT
The new Gerbing batteries are powerful rechargeable batteries with a built-in LED indicator that shows how full the battery is. The BCG-2500 dual charger charges the battery in about 6 hours and can be recharged hundreds of times. The 1Ah, 2Ah and 3Ah batteries can be used for all our heated gloves with a pocket.
If you use one of our heated motorcycle gloves a battery kit is optional. All our motorcycle gloves with a pocket (XRL, XRW, GT) have a battery cable and a Y-cable included. The battery kit is optional. The higher the Ah the longer the battery will last and the longer you can drive with just the batteries. You can set the temperature of the gloves by using the push button on the gloves. The lower the setting the longer the batteries will last. Also the weather is very important in regards to the duration of the battery. If the weather gets colder you have the recharge the batteries sooner. You can recharge the gloves hundreds of times. A battery kit included 2 batteries (samsung cells) and one dual charger. The better you take care of the batteries the longer they will last. It is very important that when you are not using the batteries, you at least charge then once a month.
The following gloves can be powered by these batteries:
- XRL heated motorcycle gloves
- GT heated motorcycle gloves
- XRW heated motorcycle gloves
- OM heated mitts
- OS heated sport gloves
- ETO heated leather outdoor gloves
- OH heated hunting gloves
1 Ah BatterY
2 Ah BatterY
3 Ah Battery
The 1Ah, 2Ah and 3Ah battery kits consist of two batteries and one dual charger. The following products need to be powered by one of these kits:
- ETO (Extreme Touch Outdoor) heated gloves
- OS (Outdoor Sport) heated gloves
- OM (Outdoor Mittens) heated mittens
- OH (Outdoor Hunting) heated gloves
For the following gloves one of these kits is optional:
- XRL motorcycle gloves
- XRW motorcycle gloves
- GT motorcycle gloves
- Actual run time may vary depending on ambient temperature. Battery capacity decreases in very cold weather, especially if the battery is not insulated, and is left exposed to the elements. At less than 0°C a battery may only produce 80% of its capacity.
- It is very important to understand that our heated products are designed to keep you warm in the most extreme cold situations. Therefore it is very important to check your skin regularly when using our products in warmer weather conditions. Our heated volt products will feel warmer when the temperature is rising and it might cause burns. Our advice is to use a temperature controller at all times (integrated in our gloves and socks). An outside temperature of 5 degrees Celsius and lower is the ideal temperature for our heated products. Remember: heat is very personal.
- To extend battery life, keep even if the batteries are not used always at least 25% charged. In the summer charge the batteries therefore once a month. (Hint: write it in your agenda).